Bopanna-Qureshi out of Eastbourne Tourney
Eastbourne (England): The top seeded pair of
Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi made a shock exit from
the ATP Eastbourne event after suffering a straight-set defeat
in the doubles quarterfinals.
Bopanna and Qureshi, winners of last week`s Gerry Weber
Open, lost 5-7 3-6 to the unseeded combination of Grigor
Dimitrov of Bulgaria and Italian Andreas Seppi in the
With this defeat, the Indian challenge has ended in the
event, the last warm up tournament before the grass court
Bopanna and Qureshi could convert just one of the four
break points in the first set and none of the two in the
Somdev Devvarman and Sania Mirza have already crashed out
of their respective events.
Sania could not make the singles main draw and she and
Elena Vesnina of Russia lost in the first round of women`s
Somdev reached second round in singles but lost the men`s
doubles opener along with Mark Knowles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter