Bopanna-Qureshi pair in Indian Wells semis
Indian Wells: The Rohan
Bopanna-Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi juggernaut continued to roll in
the ATP BNP Paribas Open as the Indo-Pak pair advanced to the
semifinals with a straight-set triumph over Serbs Novak
Djokovic and Viktor Troicki here.
Bopanna and Qureshi triumphed 6-1 7-6 (5) over the Serbs
yesterday to set up a clash with the Spanish-Canadian
combination of Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic.
The Indo-Pak pair, which upstaged third seeds Leander
Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi in the previous match, raced away
with the opening set very easily after breaking Djokovic and
But the second set was stiffly-contested. Both the teams
held serves, failing to convert any of the break chances they
The issue was settled in the tie breaker in which Bopanna
and Qureshi held their nerves to emerge triumphant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai