Bopanna-Qureshi pair upstages Lee-Hesh in Indian Wells
Indian Wells: Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi were left to rue missed opportunities as Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi out-witted them in straight sets to enter the quarterfinals of the ATP BNP Paribas Open here.
Bopanna and Qureshi played a stronger service game to win 6-3 6-4 yesterday and set up an interesting clash against Serbs Novak Djokovic and Viktor Troicki in the last-eight stage.
Bopanna and Qureshi made better use of the chances that came their way, converting both the break points in the opening set.
The Indo-Pak Express also saved four of the break opportunities that Paes and Bhupathi got to pocket the set. The second set followed a similar script with Paes and Bhupathi failing to convert even one of the 10 break points they earned.
But Bopanna and Qureshi did not squander as many chances and converted an all-important break to seal the match in their favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!