Bopanna-Qureshi pair upstages Lee-Hesh in Indian Wells
Indian Wells: Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi were left to rue missed opportunities as Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi out-witted them in straight sets to enter the quarterfinals of the ATP BNP Paribas Open here.
Bopanna and Qureshi played a stronger service game to win 6-3 6-4 yesterday and set up an interesting clash against Serbs Novak Djokovic and Viktor Troicki in the last-eight stage.
Bopanna and Qureshi made better use of the chances that came their way, converting both the break points in the opening set.
The Indo-Pak Express also saved four of the break opportunities that Paes and Bhupathi got to pocket the set. The second set followed a similar script with Paes and Bhupathi failing to convert even one of the 10 break points they earned.
But Bopanna and Qureshi did not squander as many chances and converted an all-important break to seal the match in their favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy