Bopanna-Qureshi shocked in Wimbledon 1st round
London: Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq
Qureshi squandered a match point in an action-filled first
round clash to make an early exit from the men`s doubles event
of the Wimbledon championships here on Thursday.
The fourth seed Indo-Pak pair lost 6-2, 2-6, 19-21 to
unseeded Colombian pair of Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert
Farah at court number six.
The Colombians came back strongly after losing the
opening set and went on to stun the 2010 US Open finalist.
The match turned into a keen bout of nerves in the third
and final set, in which 40 games were played.
Bopanna and Qureshi had a chance to finish the match in
their favour in the 30th game but the gritty pair of Cabal and
Farah not only survived but raised their game further in the
The unseeded Colombian duo finally converted the chance
in the 40th game to storm into the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing