Bopanna, Somdev improve career-best rankings
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna today achieved his carrer-best rank of 11 in the ATP doubles chart while Somdev Devvarman rose to number 66, his career best singles rank.
Somdev had crashed out of Zagreb Open in the first round last week but still managed to go two places up and improve his career-best ranking.
Veteran doubles stars Mahesh Bhupathi (5) and Leander Paes (7) were changed but Bopanna gained two positions to be on the threshold of top-10.
In the doubles team ranking, Paes and Bhupathi continue to be number two but Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Quereshi slipped to number seven from six.
Meanwhile, in the WTA charts, Sania Mirza was unchanged in singles (74) but improved the doubles ranking by gaining a place to 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation