Bopanna, Somdev improve career-best rankings
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna today achieved his carrer-best rank of 11 in the ATP doubles chart while Somdev Devvarman rose to number 66, his career best singles rank.
Somdev had crashed out of Zagreb Open in the first round last week but still managed to go two places up and improve his career-best ranking.
Veteran doubles stars Mahesh Bhupathi (5) and Leander Paes (7) were changed but Bopanna gained two positions to be on the threshold of top-10.
In the doubles team ranking, Paes and Bhupathi continue to be number two but Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Quereshi slipped to number seven from six.
Meanwhile, in the WTA charts, Sania Mirza was unchanged in singles (74) but improved the doubles ranking by gaining a place to 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda