Bopanna-Vliegen in final of Atlanta Tennis Championship
New Delhi: Rohan Bopanna is one step away
from winning his second ATP doubles title of the season after
making the final of the Atlanta Tennis Championships in USA,
along with partner Kristof Vliegen.
The Indo-Belgian pair scored a 7-5, 7-5 win over Stephen
Huss of Australia and Brazil`s Andre Sa in the semifinals of
the USD 531,000 hard court event.
Bopanna and Vliegen will next take on Americans Scott
Lipsky and Rajeev Ram, who beat compatriots John Isner and
James Blake 7-6 (5), 7-6 (5).
Bopanna had won the first title of the season at
Johannesburg along with Pakistan`s Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi in
They had also ended runners-up at France and Morocco
apart from winning a Challenger tournament in Jersey and
making the finals of the Italy event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security