Boston woman delivers grandchild on Thanksgiving
Boston: A Boston woman has succeeded at one of the all-time great Thanksgiving Day juggling acts: She cooked the turkey while helping deliver her baby granddaughter.
Patricia McCalop was in the middle of preparing the meal when her daughter suddenly went into labor two weeks early.
McCalop called 911, and a dispatcher talked her through the delivery and helped her confirm that the baby girl was breathing.
Paramedics arrived shortly afterward and took Africa McCalop and her newborn to the hospital. They are both in good health.
Patricia McCalop said she kept running between the kitchen and her daughter in labor because she didn`t want the turkey to burn while helping her child deliver the baby.
"I`m like, `What are you doing with the turkey? We got the baby,`" Africa McCalop told the Boston Herald. "She didnt know what to do. Shes like, `I got to go get the turkey baster.` Im like `For what?`"
The infant weighed six pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!