Boston woman delivers grandchild on Thanksgiving
Boston: A Boston woman has succeeded at one of the all-time great Thanksgiving Day juggling acts: She cooked the turkey while helping deliver her baby granddaughter.
Patricia McCalop was in the middle of preparing the meal when her daughter suddenly went into labor two weeks early.
McCalop called 911, and a dispatcher talked her through the delivery and helped her confirm that the baby girl was breathing.
Paramedics arrived shortly afterward and took Africa McCalop and her newborn to the hospital. They are both in good health.
Patricia McCalop said she kept running between the kitchen and her daughter in labor because she didn`t want the turkey to burn while helping her child deliver the baby.
"I`m like, `What are you doing with the turkey? We got the baby,`" Africa McCalop told the Boston Herald. "She didnt know what to do. Shes like, `I got to go get the turkey baster.` Im like `For what?`"
The infant weighed six pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere