Boxer hospitalised after being accused of stealing medal
Jamshedpur: A woman boxer from Manipur had
to be taken to a local hospital following depression on being
accused by a pugilist from Bengal for stealing the bronze
medal she won in the National Games here.
Reliable sources in the 34th National Games Coordination
Committee said that Dolly Singh lost her bronze medal she won
in 54kg from the residential wing of a sports complex used for
the Games here.
Though she did not lodge any official complaint, Dolly
had accused a Manipuri boxer for stealing the bronze.
Sources said the Manipuri boxer got into depression
following the accusation and she had to be rushed to the Tata
Main Hospital immediately, where she was kept for some time
before doctors discharged her.
Both the boxers, however, left Jamshedpur for home this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing