Boy found dead in lock-up; probe ordered after protests
Jammu: The death of a 17-year-old boy in
a lock-up, which police termed as a suicide, triggered
protests here prompting the authorities to order a probe into
Police said Billoo of Ludhiana in Punjab, committed
suicide by hanging in police lockup located en route to cave
shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi at Adhkuwari, 58 Kms from here.
He was picked by police in a case of theft and
pick-pocketing and taken to Adhkuwari police lockup for
questioning in the morning.
The boy, as police said, hanged himself in the lockup.
A post-mortem was conducted.
The death triggered protests by a group of labourers
from Punjab, to which Billoo belonged to. They blocked road
leading to the shrine for an hour.
Police authorities have ordered a probe into the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days