Boy found dead in lock-up; probe ordered after protests
Jammu: The death of a 17-year-old boy in
a lock-up, which police termed as a suicide, triggered
protests here prompting the authorities to order a probe into
Police said Billoo of Ludhiana in Punjab, committed
suicide by hanging in police lockup located en route to cave
shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi at Adhkuwari, 58 Kms from here.
He was picked by police in a case of theft and
pick-pocketing and taken to Adhkuwari police lockup for
questioning in the morning.
The boy, as police said, hanged himself in the lockup.
A post-mortem was conducted.
The death triggered protests by a group of labourers
from Punjab, to which Billoo belonged to. They blocked road
leading to the shrine for an hour.
Police authorities have ordered a probe into the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown