Boy tests positive for swine flu in Goa
Panaji: One more swine flu case has come
to light in Goa with a 20-year-old boy testing positive for
the H1NI virus, taking the number of infections in the state
"The reports of the throat swab samples received from
National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD), New Delhi
are positive," Dr Rajendra Tamba, State Nodal Officer for
Swine Flu, said on Saturday.
The 20-year-old man had arrived in the state on July
14. "He came to India on July 12 from USA. He was tested
negative for Swine Flu in America," Tamba said.
He developed swine flu like symptoms on July 16 and
was referred to private practitioner in South Goa.
"He was quarantined in a facility at Chicalim and now
he is admitted in Goa Medical College`s special facility as
his test is positive," Tamba said.
The state is also awaiting test reports of throat
swabs samples of three more patients sent to New Delhi.
Tamba said that all the three patients including a
woman and 65-year-old male are quarantined at a facility in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users