Boy tests positive for swine flu in Goa
Panaji: One more swine flu case has come
to light in Goa with a 20-year-old boy testing positive for
the H1NI virus, taking the number of infections in the state
"The reports of the throat swab samples received from
National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD), New Delhi
are positive," Dr Rajendra Tamba, State Nodal Officer for
Swine Flu, said on Saturday.
The 20-year-old man had arrived in the state on July
14. "He came to India on July 12 from USA. He was tested
negative for Swine Flu in America," Tamba said.
He developed swine flu like symptoms on July 16 and
was referred to private practitioner in South Goa.
"He was quarantined in a facility at Chicalim and now
he is admitted in Goa Medical College`s special facility as
his test is positive," Tamba said.
The state is also awaiting test reports of throat
swabs samples of three more patients sent to New Delhi.
Tamba said that all the three patients including a
woman and 65-year-old male are quarantined at a facility in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH