Boys need to convert more chances, feels Armando
New Delhi: India`s interim football coach Armando Colaco is pretty satisfied with his team`s 1-1 draw in an international friendly against Maldives but wants his boys to improve the conversion rate.
"We created chances," Armando insists, adding, "The players have adopted to my style ? possessional football. We need to convert out chances. It was a match which we should have won handsomely."
According to reports Indians on five occasions had an open look at the opposition goal but paid the price for their profligacy.
India next play Qatar on July 17 in another International Friendly before proceeding to play UAE in Abu Dhabi in the first-leg of the World Cup Qualifier on July 23. The return-leg is slated for the Ambedkar Stadium on July 28.
Striker Sunil Chhetri, who besides captaining the side also scored for India added: "It`s nice to be back on the scoring list. We have our target fixed; the World Cup Qualifiers. But ahead of that, the friendlies are of great help. It helps us to be a cohesive unit."
The Indian contingent practised at the Al Arabi Stadium in Doha today. Doha isn`t a new destination for Team India at all as most of the boys were either a part of Asian Cup squad (in January) or India`s Pre-Olympic Qualifier against Qatar last month.
Armando who insisted on selecting captains on a rotational basis hasn`t finalised the captain for the Qatar match as yet.
"I will let you know as and when I decide it," he says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'