Boyzone’s Stephen Gately passes away at 33
London: Stephen Gately from the band Boyzone was found dead yesterday in a hotel room in Majorca, Spain while on holiday. He was 33.
A close pal suggested that he had gone out for drinks before his death.
"It looks like he went out for a few drinks, then got back, fell asleep and never woke up," the News of The World quoted the pal as saying.
Gately, who was born in Ireland in March 1976, had joined Boyzone in 1993.
He got through the audition process before joining Ireland`s first boyband.
Gately and Ronan Keating were the lead vocalists of the band.
Keating, who is currently in Chicago, is apparently distraught after hearing the news and will fly to Majorca with the remaining members tomorrow.
A pal said: "Ronan is completely distraught. No-one saw this coming. He loved Stephen like a brother, they were so close, it`s absolutely floored him.
"It`s a massive shock to everyone and no one can take it in yet. He was a man in the prime of his life, and this is a huge tragedy."
The gay singer had married partner Andrew Cowles in a civil union in March 2006.
Gately was recently seen at the Pride of Britain Awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics