BPCL wins Chess title
Panaji: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited Team A comprising Harikrishna P, Gopal GN, Parimarjan Negi and Abhijit Gupta won the 22nd Petrolelum Sports promotion Board Inter-Unit Chess tournament, played at Clube Gaspar Dias Hall
in Miramar here scoring 9 match points.
The runners-up were Oil and Natural Gas Corporation- Team A comprising K Sasikiran, Koneru Hampy, Neelotpal Das, Vidit Gujrati and P Kongvel with 8 points.
India Oil`s Team B finished third with 7 points.
Bharat Corporation Limited is winning this tournament for the first time with new recruitment of two players GM Harikrishna P and Grand master Parimarjan Negi.
A total of 13 GM, 11 International Masters, 2 Women GM and one Women Fide Master participated in this tournament.
After the completion of the team event Grand Masters Harikrishna P, Gopal G N, Sundarajan Kidambi, Arun Prasad, Abhijit Gupta and M R Venkatesh gave a display of simultaneous chess by playing with 42 Goan players.
Only Shane Braganza managed to hold GM Arun Prasad for a draw, rest all players lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video