BPF announces first list of contestants
Kokrajhar: Ruling Congress ally Bodoland
Peoples Front (BPF) on Thursday announced its first list of 17
contestants, including three ministers, for elections to the
126-member Assam Assembly next month.
Ministers in the Tarun Gogoi government- Chandan
Brahma, Promila Rani Brahma and Rihon Daimary - were included
in the list, which was released at a press meet here by party
chief Hagrama Mohilary.
Two sitting MLAs, Kamal Singh Narzary and Komoli
Basumatary, were given tickets from the party to contest again
in the two-phase April 1 and 11 polls, Mohilary said.
Bodoland Territorial Council executive member Emannuel
Basumatary would also be a contestant, added Mohilary who is
the chief executive member of the Council.
Among the six candidates for the reserved Scheduled
Tribe consituencies announced, Promila would re-contest from
Kokrajhar(East), Chandan from Sidli and Rihon from Udalguri.
These 17 constituencies would go to the polls in the
second phase on April 11.
Hagrama Mohilary`s father-in-law Batendra Nath Brahma
has also been named in the list of contestants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department