BPF announces first list of contestants
Kokrajhar: Ruling Congress ally Bodoland
Peoples Front (BPF) on Thursday announced its first list of 17
contestants, including three ministers, for elections to the
126-member Assam Assembly next month.
Ministers in the Tarun Gogoi government- Chandan
Brahma, Promila Rani Brahma and Rihon Daimary - were included
in the list, which was released at a press meet here by party
chief Hagrama Mohilary.
Two sitting MLAs, Kamal Singh Narzary and Komoli
Basumatary, were given tickets from the party to contest again
in the two-phase April 1 and 11 polls, Mohilary said.
Bodoland Territorial Council executive member Emannuel
Basumatary would also be a contestant, added Mohilary who is
the chief executive member of the Council.
Among the six candidates for the reserved Scheduled
Tribe consituencies announced, Promila would re-contest from
Kokrajhar(East), Chandan from Sidli and Rihon from Udalguri.
These 17 constituencies would go to the polls in the
second phase on April 11.
Hagrama Mohilary`s father-in-law Batendra Nath Brahma
has also been named in the list of contestants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!