BPF announces first list of contestants
Kokrajhar: Ruling Congress ally Bodoland
Peoples Front (BPF) on Thursday announced its first list of 17
contestants, including three ministers, for elections to the
126-member Assam Assembly next month.
Ministers in the Tarun Gogoi government- Chandan
Brahma, Promila Rani Brahma and Rihon Daimary - were included
in the list, which was released at a press meet here by party
chief Hagrama Mohilary.
Two sitting MLAs, Kamal Singh Narzary and Komoli
Basumatary, were given tickets from the party to contest again
in the two-phase April 1 and 11 polls, Mohilary said.
Bodoland Territorial Council executive member Emannuel
Basumatary would also be a contestant, added Mohilary who is
the chief executive member of the Council.
Among the six candidates for the reserved Scheduled
Tribe consituencies announced, Promila would re-contest from
Kokrajhar(East), Chandan from Sidli and Rihon from Udalguri.
These 17 constituencies would go to the polls in the
second phase on April 11.
Hagrama Mohilary`s father-in-law Batendra Nath Brahma
has also been named in the list of contestants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow