BPF announces first list of contestants
Kokrajhar: Ruling Congress ally Bodoland
Peoples Front (BPF) on Thursday announced its first list of 17
contestants, including three ministers, for elections to the
126-member Assam Assembly next month.
Ministers in the Tarun Gogoi government- Chandan
Brahma, Promila Rani Brahma and Rihon Daimary - were included
in the list, which was released at a press meet here by party
chief Hagrama Mohilary.
Two sitting MLAs, Kamal Singh Narzary and Komoli
Basumatary, were given tickets from the party to contest again
in the two-phase April 1 and 11 polls, Mohilary said.
Bodoland Territorial Council executive member Emannuel
Basumatary would also be a contestant, added Mohilary who is
the chief executive member of the Council.
Among the six candidates for the reserved Scheduled
Tribe consituencies announced, Promila would re-contest from
Kokrajhar(East), Chandan from Sidli and Rihon from Udalguri.
These 17 constituencies would go to the polls in the
second phase on April 11.
Hagrama Mohilary`s father-in-law Batendra Nath Brahma
has also been named in the list of contestants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail