Brazilian couple enter into wedlock as per Hindu culture
Puducherry: Fascinated by the Hindu culture,
a Brazilian couple today entered into wedlock in a traditional
Hindu marriage amidst chanting of `mantras` here.
The marriage of the couple, practising yoga and learning
Sanskrit at International Council of Yoga and Educational
Research (ICYER) here for the past six months, was held in the
premises of the Kambliswamy Mutt in this town, a former French
colony thronged by large number of foreigners.
23-year-old Selipe tied the `mangalsutra` to Renata (22)
as Sanskrit pandits led by Raja Sastrigal performed the
rituals in accordance with Hindu culture, ICYER officials
The bridegroom was wearing a silk dhoti and bride was
attired in a silk saree. The parents and brother of Renata
were present at the marriage, they said.
The couple, who have also been acquainting themselves
with various devotional mantras and songs, were keenly
interested in entering into wedlock as per Hindu rituals as
they "have taken a liking to our tradition and procedures in
marriages", Raja Sastrigal said.
The bridegroom has since rechristened his name as
Girirajan and the bride as Sivasankari, demonstrating their
patronage to Hindu God and Goddess.
Among those who blessed the couple included the head of
ICYER Dr Meenakshidevi Bhavanani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional