Brazilian couple enter into wedlock as per Hindu culture
Puducherry: Fascinated by the Hindu culture,
a Brazilian couple today entered into wedlock in a traditional
Hindu marriage amidst chanting of `mantras` here.
The marriage of the couple, practising yoga and learning
Sanskrit at International Council of Yoga and Educational
Research (ICYER) here for the past six months, was held in the
premises of the Kambliswamy Mutt in this town, a former French
colony thronged by large number of foreigners.
23-year-old Selipe tied the `mangalsutra` to Renata (22)
as Sanskrit pandits led by Raja Sastrigal performed the
rituals in accordance with Hindu culture, ICYER officials
The bridegroom was wearing a silk dhoti and bride was
attired in a silk saree. The parents and brother of Renata
were present at the marriage, they said.
The couple, who have also been acquainting themselves
with various devotional mantras and songs, were keenly
interested in entering into wedlock as per Hindu rituals as
they "have taken a liking to our tradition and procedures in
marriages", Raja Sastrigal said.
The bridegroom has since rechristened his name as
Girirajan and the bride as Sivasankari, demonstrating their
patronage to Hindu God and Goddess.
Among those who blessed the couple included the head of
ICYER Dr Meenakshidevi Bhavanani.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram