Brazilian man shows up at his own funeral!
London: A Brazilian man had surprise in store for his grieving family when he walked in alive at his own funeral.
Fifty-nine-year-old Ademir Jorge Goncalves was reported dead in a car crash, forcing his family to arrange his funeral the next day.
However, the bricklayer had actually spent the night at a truck stop chatting with friends about sugarcane liquor known as cachaca.
In the mean time, a dead body in the car accident was wrongly identified as Ademir`s.
When Goncalves came to know about his own funeral he hurried off to his family who had gathered for the ceremony.
Police spokesman said that the body identified as Ademir`s was badly disfigured.
"The corpse was badly disfigured, but dressed in similar clothing. People are afraid to look for very long when they identify bodies, and I think that is what happened in this case," the Telegraph quoted the spokesperson as saying.
Ademir`s niece Rosa Sampaio told the O Globo newspaper: "My two uncles and I had doubts about the identification. But an aunt and four of his friends identified the body, so what were we to do? We went ahead with the funeral."
However, police revealed Ademir`s mother had doubts.
The spokesperson said: "His mother looked at the body in the casket and thought something was strange.
"She looked and looked and couldn`t believe it was her son. Before long, the walking dead appeared at the funeral. It was a relief."
Later the dead body initially thought to be Ademir`s was correctly identified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal