Brazilian man shows up at his own funeral!
London: A Brazilian man had surprise in store for his grieving family when he walked in alive at his own funeral.
Fifty-nine-year-old Ademir Jorge Goncalves was reported dead in a car crash, forcing his family to arrange his funeral the next day.
However, the bricklayer had actually spent the night at a truck stop chatting with friends about sugarcane liquor known as cachaca.
In the mean time, a dead body in the car accident was wrongly identified as Ademir`s.
When Goncalves came to know about his own funeral he hurried off to his family who had gathered for the ceremony.
Police spokesman said that the body identified as Ademir`s was badly disfigured.
"The corpse was badly disfigured, but dressed in similar clothing. People are afraid to look for very long when they identify bodies, and I think that is what happened in this case," the Telegraph quoted the spokesperson as saying.
Ademir`s niece Rosa Sampaio told the O Globo newspaper: "My two uncles and I had doubts about the identification. But an aunt and four of his friends identified the body, so what were we to do? We went ahead with the funeral."
However, police revealed Ademir`s mother had doubts.
The spokesperson said: "His mother looked at the body in the casket and thought something was strange.
"She looked and looked and couldn`t believe it was her son. Before long, the walking dead appeared at the funeral. It was a relief."
Later the dead body initially thought to be Ademir`s was correctly identified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj