Brazilian monkeys theft case: Key accused re-arrested
Kolkata: The main accused in the theft of
rare Brazilian monkeys from the Alipore Zoo, was re-arrested
from Durg in Chhattisgarh Monday night after he escaped from a
train while being escorted here.
Rajesh Saikia alias Raj, who had been arrested by the
Chhattisgarh police on Saturday from near Khursipar gate in
Durg district, escaped from Ahmdabad Express somewhere near
Jharsuguda in Orissa yesterday.
"We are trying to bring him (Saikia) here as soon as
possible," city Commissioner of Police Gautam Mohan
Two officers of the Kolkata Police along with two
officials from the Alipore zoo were bringing Sakia on a
transit remand when he got rid of the handcuff by slipping it
off his very thin wrist and jumped from the train, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...