Brazilian monkeys theft case: Key accused re-arrested
Kolkata: The main accused in the theft of
rare Brazilian monkeys from the Alipore Zoo, was re-arrested
from Durg in Chhattisgarh Monday night after he escaped from a
train while being escorted here.
Rajesh Saikia alias Raj, who had been arrested by the
Chhattisgarh police on Saturday from near Khursipar gate in
Durg district, escaped from Ahmdabad Express somewhere near
Jharsuguda in Orissa yesterday.
"We are trying to bring him (Saikia) here as soon as
possible," city Commissioner of Police Gautam Mohan
Two officers of the Kolkata Police along with two
officials from the Alipore zoo were bringing Sakia on a
transit remand when he got rid of the handcuff by slipping it
off his very thin wrist and jumped from the train, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources