Brazilian monkeys theft case: Key accused re-arrested
Kolkata: The main accused in the theft of
rare Brazilian monkeys from the Alipore Zoo, was re-arrested
from Durg in Chhattisgarh Monday night after he escaped from a
train while being escorted here.
Rajesh Saikia alias Raj, who had been arrested by the
Chhattisgarh police on Saturday from near Khursipar gate in
Durg district, escaped from Ahmdabad Express somewhere near
Jharsuguda in Orissa yesterday.
"We are trying to bring him (Saikia) here as soon as
possible," city Commissioner of Police Gautam Mohan
Two officers of the Kolkata Police along with two
officials from the Alipore zoo were bringing Sakia on a
transit remand when he got rid of the handcuff by slipping it
off his very thin wrist and jumped from the train, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details