Brinda Karat slams DMK-Congress combine
Cuddalore (TN): Hitting out at the
DMK-Congress combine in the run up to the April 13 Tamil Nadu
Assembly Elections, CPI(M) MP Brinda Karat has said scams such
as 2G spectrum and "real estate deals" in Chennai have been
surfacing one after the other like onion peels.
"People have come to realise that elections provide an
opportunity to change corrupt rulers and winds of change are
sweeping Tamil Nadu," she said, campaigning for party
candidate Balakrishnan here on Sunday night.
"Like the peels of the onion, scams relating to the 2G
spectrum, CWG, Adarsh housing project in Maharashtra and
the real estate deals in Chennai have been surfacing one after
another," Karat, who is also CPI(M) politburo member, said.
She asked poll observers to keep a close watch in the
various constituencies, claiming that the ruling DMK would
distribute money and liquor after 10.00 pm in a bid to influence
Urging people to cast their votes for the AIADMK-led
combine, Karat said a vote was not a licence to loot.
The Left parties are in alliance with the
Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK in Tamil Nadu which goes to the polls
on April 13 along with Kerala and Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16