Brinda Karat slams DMK-Congress combine
Cuddalore (TN): Hitting out at the
DMK-Congress combine in the run up to the April 13 Tamil Nadu
Assembly Elections, CPI(M) MP Brinda Karat has said scams such
as 2G spectrum and "real estate deals" in Chennai have been
surfacing one after the other like onion peels.
"People have come to realise that elections provide an
opportunity to change corrupt rulers and winds of change are
sweeping Tamil Nadu," she said, campaigning for party
candidate Balakrishnan here on Sunday night.
"Like the peels of the onion, scams relating to the 2G
spectrum, CWG, Adarsh housing project in Maharashtra and
the real estate deals in Chennai have been surfacing one after
another," Karat, who is also CPI(M) politburo member, said.
She asked poll observers to keep a close watch in the
various constituencies, claiming that the ruling DMK would
distribute money and liquor after 10.00 pm in a bid to influence
Urging people to cast their votes for the AIADMK-led
combine, Karat said a vote was not a licence to loot.
The Left parties are in alliance with the
Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK in Tamil Nadu which goes to the polls
on April 13 along with Kerala and Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?