Brit mums find motherhood more satisfying than work
Melbourne: A growing number of modern women find more satisfaction in motherhood than in full-time work, a British think-tank has reported.
According to Cristina Odone, who wrote the book The Perfect Wife and is an outspoken critic of some feminist attitudes, today’s women are raising voices against pressures that have made them take jobs they don`t really want to do.
"We need to break the stranglehold that the small coterie of women, who work full time and buy into the macho way of life, enjoy on our public life," Odone said.
"They have for years misrepresented real women who reject the masculine value system for one that rates caring above a career and interdependence above independence.
"Real women do not want to commit full-time to a job. The future belongs to the real woman, who points to a lifestyle embracing feminine values,” she added.
Supporting her viewpoint, a recent poll in Britain showed fewer than one in eight mothers want to work full time, reports a news daily.
The shocking study also found that one in every 100 mothers in two-parent working families with young children think it is right to have a full-time job.
According to the poll’s results, many females just want to be stay-at-home mothers with their husband`s taking on the role of breadwinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday