British Queen’s `secret trip` to London theatre
London: The British Queen stunned a
London theatre audience as she slipped in to see a performance
unannounced along with her husband Prince Philip, a news
report said today.
The British monarch, minus an entourage,
"apologetically" squeezed into her seat, followed by Prince
Philip, for War Horse at the New London Theatre as the lights
dimmed for curtain-up.
The Queen and her husband often make incognito trips
to the West End but are rarely spotted.
"The Queen has regularly undertaken similar private
visits throughout her reign without any fuss. It allows her to
live a bit more of a normal life. Most of her staff are not
told in advance if she is planning an evening out. She is keen
on the theatre," one aide was quoted as saying by the Evening
Standard newspaper today.
The Queen did not want to the award-winning First
World War drama, he said.
The Queen wore a simple dark green dress and any
bodyguards she had were "so discreet as to be invisible",
according to theatre-goers on Monday night.
"The Queen and the Duke sat down as the lights dimmed
and it was a huge shock when people realised who they were,"
the British tabloid quoted a journalist from The Lady
magazine, who attended the performance, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir