BSE Sensex falls on weak Asia, monsoon worries
Mumbai: Indian equities markets made a poor start Friday with a key index dipping 126 points within five minutes of the opening bell.
The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened at 14,951.49 points, as against Thursday`s close at 15,012.32 points. It slipped to 14,886.31 points, 126.01 or 0.84 percent down, within five minutes of trade.
The S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) too was trading in the negative terrain at 4,410.25 points, a loss of 0.97 percent.
Broader market indices were trading mixed, with the BSE midcap index down 0.1 percent, but the BSE smallcap index 0.16 percent higher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH