BSNL engineers call off strike after govt`s assurance
New Delhi: Over 10,000 engineers of BSNL, who were on an indefinite strike demanding absorption of officers on deputation, on Saturday called off their agitation after Telecom Minster A Raja assured them to "fairly" resolve the issue.
Siloh Rao, the president of the association of engineers had met Raja yesterday.
"The Minister has assured that the issue will be resolved fairly by arranging a tripartite meeting at the earliest with the management," a representative of the engineers association said.
The meeting is likely to take place next week, he
So far, the BSNL management had declined to hold any
talks with the BSNL engineers union -- the All-India Graduate
Telecom Officers Association of Engineers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy