BSNL launches `BSNL Live` for 3G customers
Chandigarh: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
on Monday launched its new service delivery platform `BSNL Live`- a
web portal that would offer video on demand, movie streaming for
its 3G customers for the first time in the country.
"The portal has movie streaming, games, full track songs,
video clips and it will be a single window shop for all the
mobile value added contents," BSNL Chairman and Managing
Director, Kuldeep Goyal told reporters here today.
He further said that the name of the technical platform
hosting `BSNL Live` was Service Delivery Platform (SDP) which the
BSNL was the first mobile operator to deploy and it was built to
meet the needs of mobile network operators, media companies,
service providers etc. It has been developed with the assistance
of Ericsson, he further said.
This services which was launched today would now be available
in over 100 cities of northern and eastern parts of India
including Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, UP,
Uttrakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Orissa, Andaman and
Nicobar. "After this 760 more cities countrywide are planned to
be covered progressively in next six month," he said.
The launching ceremony also saw the movie premier of new
movie `Jail` on BSNL 3G mobile through BSNL Live portal in the
presence of film Director Madhur Bhandarkar, Actor Neil Nitin
Mukesh, and actress Mughdha Godese.
The end user price points of the contents like for Games will
be Rs. 35-100, full track songs Rs. 15, Video Rs. 10 to Rs. 20,
Video On Demand at Rs. 40 and wallpapers at Rs. 10. Moreover
Video category will have contents like exclusive preview of
forthcoming films, footage of celebrities, interviews etc.
However, Goyal said BSNL has been able to rope in just 13,000
customers of 3G mobile since its launch. "We have found several
areas were not fully covered under 3G services and we are now
improving the coverage," he said further adding, "the company is
laying more focus on value added service which will help in
attracting more customers towards 3G mobile."
Presently, Value Added Services constitute 5-6 per cent of total revenue of BSNL, he said.
RK Aggarwal, Director BSNL Board on this occasion said that
the portal would have all the customer useful features like
advertisement, subscription of monthly services for which
customers do not have to remember short codes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown