BSNL may buy stake in Zain Telecom
New Delhi: BSNL on Thursday said it is not averse to picking up a stake in Kuwait-based Zain Telecom but is yet to take a call on that.
"There was a proposal (to buy stake in Zain) on which we have not taken a decision. We along with MTNL were approached on this. It is a large operator and we will take time to arrive at a decision on this issue," BSNL CMD Kuldeep Goyal told reporters on the sidelines of a CII event here.
"We are not averse to picking up a stake in Zain Telecom. It is still on our radar but we are a bit cautious about Vavasi," Goyal said.
Vavasi group, with interests in telecommunications and renewable energy among others, is reportedly forming a consortium for picking up stake in Zain.
On the BSNL`s GSM network expansion plan, he said price negotiations are going on with the vendor for three zones barring the West.
He said Ericsson is the lowest bidder for North and East zones while Chinese firm Huawei is being considered for the South zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'