BSNL, MTNL express interest in Zain
Kuwait: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd and
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd have expressed interest in
participating in the acquisition of a majority stake in Zain,
Kuwait`s biggest phone company, a Khorafi Group executive said on Sunday.
Khorafi received an "official letter" addressed to Vavasi
Group stating that Bharat Sanchar and Mahanagar are interested
in partnering in the proposed purchase of 46 per cent of
Zain`s shares, Vice Chairman Bader al-Khorafi said in a faxed
Khorafi Group, one of Zain`s largest shareholders, last
month signed a preliminary agreement with India`s Vavasi Group
and Malaysian billionaire Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary to sell a
majority stake in Zain.
Any participation in the purchase of a stake by Bharat
Sanchar and Mahanagar will depend on due diligence and Indian
government approval, according to the statement. The letter
"removes the doubts raised during the past period of the two
Indian telecom giants` seriousness to join the potential
buyers’ consortium," the statement added.
Khorafi Group on September 16 invited smaller
shareholders in Zain to sell their shares to gather enough
stock to sell a majority stake in the company.
All required action will be taken by Zain shareholders
"to prepare the data room for the potential buyers to start
doing their due diligence according to the pre-signed contract
with Vavasi on September 2," the Khorafi statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!