BSNL, MTNL interested in Zain deal: Kuwait`s Kharafi
Kuwait: Bharat Sanchar Nigam and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam are interested to join a consortium to buy up to 46 percent of Kuwaiti telecoms Zain, Kuwait`s Kharafi Group said.
Last month, Kharafi, a major shareholder in Zain, said it has agreed to sell its estimated 20 percent stake, and an additional 26 percent from other stakeholders, to a consortium led by India`s Vavasi Group, and including regional telecoms BSNL and MTNL and Malaysian billionaire Syed Mokhtar al-Bukhary.
But later BSNL and MTNL said they had yet to decide on joining the consortium, raising doubt that the deal would actually go through.
"The Kharafi group... has received an official letter addressed to Vavasi stating that BSNL & MTNL`s are interested to participate in the proposal for buying up to 46 percent of Zain`s shares from the Kharafi group," Kharafi said in a statement on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan