Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee files nomination
Kolkata: Amidst tight security, Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday filed his nomination from
Jadavpur constituency in South 24 Parganas district which
will go to polls on April 27 in the third phase of Assembly
Elections in West Bengal.
The nomination was filed at South 24 Parganas district
administrative office at Alipore.
The Chief Minister, who is seeking re-election from the
constituency, is pitted against Trinamool Congress candidate
and former chief secretary of the state Manish Gupta.
Bhattacharjee was accompanied by his election agent and
former mayor of Kolkata Municipal Corporation Bikas Ranjan
Bhattacharya and South 24 Parganas district CPI-M secretary
and former MP Sujan Chakraborty.
Notification for filing of nominations for the third
phase of elections involving 75 constituencies in Kolkata,
North 24 Parganas and South Parganas districts was issued on
April 2. The last date for filing of nominations is April 9.
Scrutiny of nominations will be done on April 11 and the
last date for the withdrawal of candidature is on April 13.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India