Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee files nomination
Kolkata: Amidst tight security, Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday filed his nomination from
Jadavpur constituency in South 24 Parganas district which
will go to polls on April 27 in the third phase of Assembly
Elections in West Bengal.
The nomination was filed at South 24 Parganas district
administrative office at Alipore.
The Chief Minister, who is seeking re-election from the
constituency, is pitted against Trinamool Congress candidate
and former chief secretary of the state Manish Gupta.
Bhattacharjee was accompanied by his election agent and
former mayor of Kolkata Municipal Corporation Bikas Ranjan
Bhattacharya and South 24 Parganas district CPI-M secretary
and former MP Sujan Chakraborty.
Notification for filing of nominations for the third
phase of elections involving 75 constituencies in Kolkata,
North 24 Parganas and South Parganas districts was issued on
April 2. The last date for filing of nominations is April 9.
Scrutiny of nominations will be done on April 11 and the
last date for the withdrawal of candidature is on April 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31