Budget allocation for sports comes down
New Delhi: The budget allocation for sports
this year has gone down from last year`s Rs 3706 crore to Rs
3565 crore, a major chunk of which has been earmarked for the
Commonwealth Games scheduled for October 3 to 14.
Of the total allocation announced by Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee, Rs 2069 crore has been set aside for the
Rs 1175.54 crore of this amount would go to Games
Organising Committee, the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and
the Sports Authority of India (SAI).
For the upgradation and preparation of stadia and
training venues, the government has allocated Rs 433.98 crore
"The Commonwealth Games are scheduled in Delhi. The
provision is meant for upgradation/renovation of SAI stadia,
tennis stadia, upgradation/creation of training venues and
preparation of teams for the teams," the finance ministry
Rs 82 crore have been marked for the "infrastructure"
development for the High Definition coverage of the Games, the
build-up to which has been marred by construction delays and
Among other allocations, Rs 11.50 crore have been set
aside for the National Dope Test Laboratory and a further Rs 3
crore has been earmarked for the National Anti-Doping Agency.
The government has also earmarked Rs 50 lakh as its
contribution to the World Anti-Doping Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues