Bundesliga leaders Leverkusen crush Frankfurt 4-0
Leverkusen: Bundesliga leaders Bayer Leverkusen wasted no time in a 4-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt.
Leverkusen led 3-0 after 11 minutes, with Stefan Kiessling striking from short-range, a header by Stefan Reinartz and Toni Kroos’ blast high into the net from the edge of the penalty area. Substitute Lars Bender wrapped up matters Friday night from a tight left angle in the 86th.
“We played a great match. We got the three points and can be very happy,” said Kroos.
Leverkusen, the only unbeaten team in the league, opened a four-point lead with now 26 points. Werder Bremen and SV Hamburg have 22 each, and Schalke 04 are fourth with 21. Frankfurt are 10th with 16 points.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended