Bundesliga leaders Leverkusen crush Frankfurt 4-0
Leverkusen: Bundesliga leaders Bayer Leverkusen wasted no time in a 4-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt.
Leverkusen led 3-0 after 11 minutes, with Stefan Kiessling striking from short-range, a header by Stefan Reinartz and Toni Kroos’ blast high into the net from the edge of the penalty area. Substitute Lars Bender wrapped up matters Friday night from a tight left angle in the 86th.
“We played a great match. We got the three points and can be very happy,” said Kroos.
Leverkusen, the only unbeaten team in the league, opened a four-point lead with now 26 points. Werder Bremen and SV Hamburg have 22 each, and Schalke 04 are fourth with 21. Frankfurt are 10th with 16 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?