Bust-ups with Mancini show passion for Man City: Adebayor
London: Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor insists that he still sees his future at Eastlands, despite a nightmare year and bust-ups with manager Roberto Mancini.
"I have had a row with the manager and so has Carlo Tevez. The reason we row is we are all so passionate. We just want to be part of a successful club," the Sun quoted Adebayor, as saying.
"It`s not about money or egos. It`s because we all want what is best for the team. These disagreements show we care. We have a shout, then get on with it. I think it`s good. It shows we are hungry for success," he added.
Signed in a 25 million pound deal from Arsenal 15 months ago, Adebayor has started just one Premier League game all season and is still awaiting his first league goal.
He further said that he was getting frustrated by the lack of opportunities, but claimed that he has never regretted his move to City.
"I always knew it was going to be difficult at Manchester City. They have so many good players in the squad. But I do get frustrated. At all my other clubs, I was used to being the main striker and playing every week," Adebayor said.
"It affects my confidence. This season I am not the Adebayor I know I can be. The fans have been great with me, even though I have not been doing it for them on the pitch. It is why my goals in the Europa League were such a lift," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH