But for pit-stop fumble, Istanbul was perfect race: Sutil
New Delhi: Force India driver Adrian Sutil reckons the pit-stop fumble cost him a couple of places in Sunday`s Turkish Grand Prix but for which it was a perfect race in Istanbul.
Force India pit crew did a shoddy work when Sutil came to pit and even though the German went on to finish ninth, it could surely have been better.
"The pit stop slowed us down and I lost two positions," Sutil said, recalling the race.
"The right front just didn`t go on, and they had to take it back off and put it back on, so we lost a few seconds. It`s a shame because I was really fighting hard in the opening laps.”
"The field is so close at the moment that you have a penalty for every single problem, even if it`s very small," said the Lanky driver.
Otherwise, however, there was nothing to complain, Sutil said.
"I did a really good race. I actually overtook Kamui Kobayashi three times altogether. Then (Vitaly) Petrov had trouble with (Fernando) Alonso and I passed him, and got my ninth position.”
"Apart from the stop it was nearly a perfect race, so I am quite happy with it," he said.
Looking ahead to the Canadian Grand Prix on June 13, Sutil said he was ready to give the Renault cars a good run for their money.
"I have a much better car and I have grown up since the last time we visited. We`ll concentrate on making it work for the next race, and hopefully we can battle the Renaults
again," he said.
Dwelling on the Montreal track, he said, "It`s not easy, because you have to hit the kerbs right. The car is moving a lot with low downforce, so it`s quite easy to get oversteer
and to not do a perfect lap.”
"It looks maybe easier than it actually is. A soft car is required to go over the kerbs well, and you need good traction," he explained.
"It`s a great city, a lot of people, a lot of life, a good atmosphere. I`m really looking forward to it because we don`t have a US GP anymore and it`s the closest one we have.
So it`s good that we have one of the best races back on the calendar," added Sutil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state