But for pit-stop fumble, Istanbul was perfect race: Sutil
New Delhi: Force India driver Adrian Sutil reckons the pit-stop fumble cost him a couple of places in Sunday`s Turkish Grand Prix but for which it was a perfect race in Istanbul.
Force India pit crew did a shoddy work when Sutil came to pit and even though the German went on to finish ninth, it could surely have been better.
"The pit stop slowed us down and I lost two positions," Sutil said, recalling the race.
"The right front just didn`t go on, and they had to take it back off and put it back on, so we lost a few seconds. It`s a shame because I was really fighting hard in the opening laps.”
"The field is so close at the moment that you have a penalty for every single problem, even if it`s very small," said the Lanky driver.
Otherwise, however, there was nothing to complain, Sutil said.
"I did a really good race. I actually overtook Kamui Kobayashi three times altogether. Then (Vitaly) Petrov had trouble with (Fernando) Alonso and I passed him, and got my ninth position.”
"Apart from the stop it was nearly a perfect race, so I am quite happy with it," he said.
Looking ahead to the Canadian Grand Prix on June 13, Sutil said he was ready to give the Renault cars a good run for their money.
"I have a much better car and I have grown up since the last time we visited. We`ll concentrate on making it work for the next race, and hopefully we can battle the Renaults
again," he said.
Dwelling on the Montreal track, he said, "It`s not easy, because you have to hit the kerbs right. The car is moving a lot with low downforce, so it`s quite easy to get oversteer
and to not do a perfect lap.”
"It looks maybe easier than it actually is. A soft car is required to go over the kerbs well, and you need good traction," he explained.
"It`s a great city, a lot of people, a lot of life, a good atmosphere. I`m really looking forward to it because we don`t have a US GP anymore and it`s the closest one we have.
So it`s good that we have one of the best races back on the calendar," added Sutil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers