Buta Singh role to be probed in Bihar
Patna: The National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NSCS) chairman Buta Singh seems to be in fresh trouble with the Bihar government ordering a high-level probe into allotment of Rs 900 crore project for construction of embankment along Bagmati river to an "undeserving" firm.
The embankment was breached on August one in Sitamarhi,
rendering many homeless.
Water Resources Minister Virendra Yadav said the
embankment construction work on the Bagmati river was given to
Hindustan Steelworks Construction Limited (HSCL) in 2005
when Bihar was under President`s Rule and Singh was the
governor of the state.
"It is surprising that the work was awarded to the HSCL
on nomination basis despite the fact that it had no no prior
experience of constructing embankments," Yadav said.
"It came to the notice of the state government when the
embankment of Bagmati breached in a stretch of 200 metres at
Tilak Tajpur in Sitamarhi on August one, affecting people of
eight panchayats under Sunnisayedpur block," he said..
Claiming that the work was given to the company without
floating tenders, the minister said, "We don`t want to take
the blame for the mistake committed by others".
Yadav said the state government has ordered setting up
of a high-level inquiry panel comprising of technical experts
to look into the detailed project report formulated by the
HSCL as well as the actual work done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!