Buta Singh`s son detained by CBI on bribery charge
Mumbai: The son of the Chairman of National
Commission for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Buta Singh
was on Tuesday detained by CBI for allegedly demanding a bribe of
Rs one crore from a Nashik-based contractor to close a case
in the Commission.
CBI sources said Sarabjot Singh was detained by CBI in
the national capital after which he has been brought to the
city for further questioning.
Sarabjot is alleged to have demanded Rs one crore as a
bribe from a Nashik-based contractor against whom a case was
pending in the Commission.
He is alleged to have told the contractor that he will
"finish off" the case as his father was the chairperson of the
"We have detained him (Sarabjot) for questioning," CBI
Joint Director (West Zone) Rishi Raj said.
Raj said three people have been arrested in connection
with the case but did not give any further information.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living