Buta Singh`s son detained by CBI on bribery charge
Mumbai: The son of the Chairman of National
Commission for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Buta Singh
was on Tuesday detained by CBI for allegedly demanding a bribe of
Rs one crore from a Nashik-based contractor to close a case
in the Commission.
CBI sources said Sarabjot Singh was detained by CBI in
the national capital after which he has been brought to the
city for further questioning.
Sarabjot is alleged to have demanded Rs one crore as a
bribe from a Nashik-based contractor against whom a case was
pending in the Commission.
He is alleged to have told the contractor that he will
"finish off" the case as his father was the chairperson of the
"We have detained him (Sarabjot) for questioning," CBI
Joint Director (West Zone) Rishi Raj said.
Raj said three people have been arrested in connection
with the case but did not give any further information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video