Buta Singh`s son detained by CBI on bribery charge
Mumbai: The son of the Chairman of National
Commission for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Buta Singh
was on Tuesday detained by CBI for allegedly demanding a bribe of
Rs one crore from a Nashik-based contractor to close a case
in the Commission.
CBI sources said Sarabjot Singh was detained by CBI in
the national capital after which he has been brought to the
city for further questioning.
Sarabjot is alleged to have demanded Rs one crore as a
bribe from a Nashik-based contractor against whom a case was
pending in the Commission.
He is alleged to have told the contractor that he will
"finish off" the case as his father was the chairperson of the
"We have detained him (Sarabjot) for questioning," CBI
Joint Director (West Zone) Rishi Raj said.
Raj said three people have been arrested in connection
with the case but did not give any further information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister