Button fastest in 2nd practice at Turkish GP
Istanbul: Jenson Button made the most of improved weather conditions to post the fastest time in the second practice for the Turkish Grand Prix on Friday, and his McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton was third quickest.
The two British drivers made the most of improving conditions after morning rain made the Istanbul Park circuit dangerous and slippery, causing Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel to crash unharmed.
Temperatures improved slightly and the track dried out for the afternoon session, when Germany`s Nico Rosberg matched his impressive morning with the second quickest time.
Button, the 2009 F1 champion, set a best lap of 1 minute, 26.456 seconds.
Seven-time champion Michael Schumacher and Mark Webber completed the top five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday