Button looking to win at British Grand Prix
London: Formula One 2009 champion Jenson Button wishes to apologise to the British fans for making the annual pilgrimage to Silverstone and always failing to win silverware at the event. He, however, hopes to win this weekend.
Looking back on 11 campaigns at the British Grand Prix and forward to Sunday, Button is aware that he has not only missed out on the victory champagne, he has never stood on the podium.
Someone will swear that they have seen Button on the podium. He swears too, but in a different way as he considers the figures – two fourths in 2004 and 2010, a fifth, sixth, eighth, 10th, 12th, 15th and two retirements.
“Crazy, isn’t it. It’s not for want of trying. Every year I think how great it would be but it has not happened yet,” a daily quoted Button, 31, as saying.
Button has tried to mount the podium with Williams, Benetton, BAR, Honda and Brawn, and now hopes to do so with McLaren.
He said: “For any driver their home grand prix is special. You get the same points but knowing that you have done it in front of a crowd where most people are cheering for you has got to be special. This is one I would love to win, it is something that is missing in my trophy cabinet.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'