Button relieved Japanese girlfriend unhurt
Barcelona: Jenson Button, the 2009 Formula One world champion, says he is relieved to have made contact with his girlfriend who was unhurt in the earthquake which struck Japan.
The racing driver said Japanese model Jessica Michibata his girlfriend of two years had been in an underground photo shoot in Tokyo when tremors began to rock the building yesterday. He said the only way of getting in touch had been through Twitter.
“She’s fine, very shaken,” said Button, who became a big star in Japan after beginning a relationship with the 26-year-old model from Fukui Prefecture in the north, close to quake’s epicenter.
“Right now, my thoughts go out to everybody in Japan, particularly in the worst-affected area of Sendai. My heart is with them,” Button said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report