Button relieved Japanese girlfriend unhurt
Barcelona: Jenson Button, the 2009 Formula One world champion, says he is relieved to have made contact with his girlfriend who was unhurt in the earthquake which struck Japan.
The racing driver said Japanese model Jessica Michibata his girlfriend of two years had been in an underground photo shoot in Tokyo when tremors began to rock the building yesterday. He said the only way of getting in touch had been through Twitter.
“She’s fine, very shaken,” said Button, who became a big star in Japan after beginning a relationship with the 26-year-old model from Fukui Prefecture in the north, close to quake’s epicenter.
“Right now, my thoughts go out to everybody in Japan, particularly in the worst-affected area of Sendai. My heart is with them,” Button said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'