Button`s British GP jinx continues
Silverstone: Jenson Button`s British Grand Prix jinx continued on Sunday when the McLaren driver retired from his home race after a pitstop blunder while chasing fourth place.
The 2009 world champion was cleared to leave the pitlane before the right front wheelnut had been secured.
With the wheel wobbling, Button pulled over at the pitlane exit and parked up.
Button has never stood on the Formula One podium at Silverstone in 12 attempts. His best previous result there was fourth place last year and in 2004.
The Briton had been second in the championship before Sunday`s race, 77 points behind Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities