B`wood biggies at Shilpa-Raj`s reception: The Times of India
Mumbai: Shilpa Shetty’s wedding reception was quite an affair for Bollywood. Although not many actresses were spotted, top actors like Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan graced the occasion.
While Bachchan came in with his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai , Shah Rukh Khan was accompanied by his wife Gauri Khan. IPL commissioner Lalit Modi was probably the only cricket representative at the reception. Both Bachchan and Shah Rukh were mobbed inside and outside the venue. A witness said, “It was almost a stampede inside the venue, all the guest just ran after Bachchan, poor Sanjay Khan got pushed to the corner.’’
The media’s favourite, Shah Rukh Khan, too faced the same problem. He almost hurt himself by a boom of a television channel. " He got a little irritated but spoke to the media. He in fact escorted a lot of his other friends out of the venue,’’ said a witness.
Sanjay Dutt’s wife, Manyata Dutt, walked in with her friend Amisha Patel (both in saris). The two of them hung out together. The two of them walked in at the same time Vivek Oberoi entered, while Amisha and Vivek exchanged pleasantries, Manyata just walked a little ahead probably wanting to avoid Vivek for reasons best known to her.
Mana slipped away when Vivek Oberoi approached them, he gave Amisha a nice hug. Kangana almost tripped on the stairs, she even said,`` You guys have a story for tomorrow about me tripping.’’
One expected Akshay Kumar to be at the reception, but the actor was not invited by Shilpa who probably didn’t want some uncomfortable moment on her wedding day. The actor who was returning from Ahmedabad after the promotion of his new film De Dana Dan went home straight. Salman Khan apparently kept himself absent and the rumour was that he was not well.
Shilpa’s other heroes Govinda and Suniel Shetty too made an appearance. Fardeen Khan, Karan Johar walked in with manish Malhotra (he designed her engagement saree), Ritiesh Deshmukh too was spotted. Madhavan was seen with his wife.
Meanwhile, the couple after a couple of hours of being on stage and cutting a huge multilayered cake stepped down and moved around the reception hall meeting almost all the guest present at the venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened