Cabaye is third Newcastle player barred from US
London: Newcastle United`s troublesome pre-season tour to the USA continued when summer signing Yohan Cabaye became the third player to be denied an entry visa.
The 25-year-old, who joined the English Premier League side from Lille last month for £4.8million (5.5 million euros), had to stay at home with Joey Barton and Nile Ranger, who were also denied entry visas.
Cabaye`s absence is understood to relate to a minor technical issue that has now been resolved.
Barton and Ranger, in contrast, were both denied entry because of their criminal records.
The 28-year-old Barton was given a six-month jail sentence in 2008 after admitting assault and affray, while Ranger, 20, was convicted for his part in a street robbery as a 15-year-old.
On his Twitter account, Barton described the US Embassy`s decision to deny him an entry visa as "hypocrisy".
"Visa story is correct, they told me am not allowed in until I have 5yrs without any trouble. 3yrs down, 2yrs to go...”
"Totally hypocrisy considering what they get up to, but rules are rules..."
All three players will instead join up with Peter Beardsley`s reserves when they head to a training camp in Holland later this week.
It has been a difficult few days for Newcastle, who vowed over the weekend to take action against travelling fans who invaded the pitch during Friday night`s friendly victory at Darlington.
Coach Alan Pardew and his players were due to begin training in Kansas ahead of Wednesday`s opening game of the tour against Sporting Kansas City at Livestrong Sporting Park.
The Magpies will continue their preparations when they face Orlando City on Sunday and Columbus Crew next Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'