CAG raps govt for bending rules for RIL
New Delhi: The CAG has rapped the Oil Ministry and its technical arm DGH charging it with favouring Reliance Industries, but did not say if the Mukesh Ambani firm overbilled the government when it more than doubled KG-D6 gas field cost and caused loss to state exchequer.
The CAG in its draft audit report of KG-D6 block said the ministry and the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons(DGH) allowed Reliance to raise cost of developing the nation`s largest gas fields by 117 percent.
It said rules were also bent to grant "huge benefits" to Reliance when the ministry allowed the company to retain entire block but said gains cannot be quantified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says