CAG raps govt for bending rules for RIL
New Delhi: The CAG has rapped the Oil Ministry and its technical arm DGH charging it with favouring Reliance Industries, but did not say if the Mukesh Ambani firm overbilled the government when it more than doubled KG-D6 gas field cost and caused loss to state exchequer.
The CAG in its draft audit report of KG-D6 block said the ministry and the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons(DGH) allowed Reliance to raise cost of developing the nation`s largest gas fields by 117 percent.
It said rules were also bent to grant "huge benefits" to Reliance when the ministry allowed the company to retain entire block but said gains cannot be quantified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal