CAG report on coal mining: RS, LS adjourned
New Delhi: As soon as the Parliament commenced Thursday morning at 11.00 am, both Houses of Parliament witnessed high voltage drama over Comptroller & Auditor General (CAG) report on auctioning of cola blocks, following which both Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha were adjourned.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon
The CAG in its draft report on coal mining in the country has accused the government of having given “undue benefits" to a number of companies leading to a loss of Rs 10.67 lakh crore to the national exchequer.
The CAG report says that the government incurred the loss as coal blocks were not auctioned between 2004 and 2009, a news paper reported on Thursday.
The CAG draft report titled `Performance Audit of Coal Block Allocations` said that the beneficiaries include some 100 private companies, as well as some Public Sector Units (power, steel and cement).
Of the estimated loss of Rs 10.67 lakh crore, private firms cornered more than Rs 4.79 lakh crore while around Rs 5.88 lakh crore went to the PSUs, the paper said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know