Cairn to begin oil production from Rajasthan this month
New Delhi: Cairn India, part of the British oil explorer Cairn Energy, will start crude oil production from its Mangla oil fields in Barmer, Rajasthan, from the second week this month, a top official said on Sunday.
"The company has reached pricing agreements with principal buyers Indian Oil Corp (IOC) and Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals (MRPL)," said Rahul Dhir, chief executive of Cairn India.
Rajasthan, which has the largest onland oilfields in the country, will have a peak output of 8.75 million tonnes crude per annum, contributing one-fifth of the nation`s total output, Dhir said.
"It will save around USD 6.8 billion foreign exchange per annum which is around seven percent of the total oil import bill of the country."
The Barmer oil field has a total production capacity of 205,000 barrel crude oil per day.
Cairn has drilled 28 wells on the Mangala oil field of which 16 have been completed and are ready for production.
The peak output from the field is expected to be 9.5 million tonnes a year (190,000 barrels per day) as against the initial expectation of 175,000 barrels a day.
Dhir said around 10,000 job opportunities have been created in various sectors of the project.
Cairn India reported a net profit of Rs.45.44 crore in the quarter ended June 30 as against Rs.138.58 crore in the like period last fiscal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know