Campaign launched in UP to demand Bharat Ratna for Chand
Bhopal: A signature campaign has been
launched in Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh to demand that hockey`s
all-time great player, Dhyan Chand be posthomously given the
Bharat Ratna which is the highest civilian honour in the
Around one lakh signatures would be submitted to the
president to seek the Bharat Ratna for Dhyan Chand, Former
Member of Parliament, Vishwanath Sharma told reporters here
Sharma, who played a vital role in getting August 29,
the birthday of Dhyan Chand was Lok Sabha member from 1980 to
1985 and 1991 to 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what