Campaigning ends in Puducherry
Puducherry: A high-voltage campaign in
this Union territory for the April 13 polls came to an end
on Monday with the Congress-led combine and rival AIADMK-AINRC
front making last minute efforts to woo the electorate.
Over 8.10 lakh voters are expected to exercise their
franchise to elect 30 members to the territorial Assembly.
Congress has fielded its candidates in 17 segments
while main ally DMK is seeking election from 10. PMK is
contesting two while Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi one.
On the rival side, former chief minister N Rangasamy-
led All India NR Congress is contesting 17 seats while AIADMK
10. CPI, CPI-M and DMDK have fielded candidates in one seat
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement