Campaigning ends in Puducherry
Puducherry: A high-voltage campaign in
this Union territory for the April 13 polls came to an end
on Monday with the Congress-led combine and rival AIADMK-AINRC
front making last minute efforts to woo the electorate.
Over 8.10 lakh voters are expected to exercise their
franchise to elect 30 members to the territorial Assembly.
Congress has fielded its candidates in 17 segments
while main ally DMK is seeking election from 10. PMK is
contesting two while Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi one.
On the rival side, former chief minister N Rangasamy-
led All India NR Congress is contesting 17 seats while AIADMK
10. CPI, CPI-M and DMDK have fielded candidates in one seat
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players