Can weave Rail Bhavan magic in Bihar: Lalu
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad today
claimed that given a chance, he can weave the same magic for
Bihar as he did to the Railways.
"If you make me the chief minister, you will see me in
a different avatar... I will do the same magic for Bihar what
I did while being at the Rail Bhavan," he told an election
He was apparently referring to the reported turnaround
the Railways achieved under his stewardship.
In a fresh diatribe against the Nitish Kumar
government, he said, "Nitish has only befooled and cheated the
people during the past five years," and appealed to the
electorate to vote for RJD and make him chief minister once
Hitting out at the Congress for its stand against his
party in the ongoing Bihar polls, Prasad sang a line from
yesteryear`s song by Mohammad Rafi `Matlab nikal gaya to
pahchanate nahin` from "Amanat".
He claimed that RJD was instrumental in installing the
Congress-led government at the Centre in 2004 after
"inflicting humiliating defeat on communal and fascist forces"
but now they are "behaving differently".
In a sarcastic vein, he said, "Matlab nikal gaya hai
to ab pahchanate nahin aur dikhane par ghasakane se manate
nahin (now they try to escape from meeting us after their
purpose has been served)."
He also described Congress leaders as opportunists.
"I have seen the Congress leaders from close," Prasad,
who was the Railway minister in the first UPA government,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day