Can weave Rail Bhavan magic in Bihar: Lalu
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad today
claimed that given a chance, he can weave the same magic for
Bihar as he did to the Railways.
"If you make me the chief minister, you will see me in
a different avatar... I will do the same magic for Bihar what
I did while being at the Rail Bhavan," he told an election
He was apparently referring to the reported turnaround
the Railways achieved under his stewardship.
In a fresh diatribe against the Nitish Kumar
government, he said, "Nitish has only befooled and cheated the
people during the past five years," and appealed to the
electorate to vote for RJD and make him chief minister once
Hitting out at the Congress for its stand against his
party in the ongoing Bihar polls, Prasad sang a line from
yesteryear`s song by Mohammad Rafi `Matlab nikal gaya to
pahchanate nahin` from "Amanat".
He claimed that RJD was instrumental in installing the
Congress-led government at the Centre in 2004 after
"inflicting humiliating defeat on communal and fascist forces"
but now they are "behaving differently".
In a sarcastic vein, he said, "Matlab nikal gaya hai
to ab pahchanate nahin aur dikhane par ghasakane se manate
nahin (now they try to escape from meeting us after their
purpose has been served)."
He also described Congress leaders as opportunists.
"I have seen the Congress leaders from close," Prasad,
who was the Railway minister in the first UPA government,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal