Canadian PM congratulates Obama
Anandpur Sahib (Pb): Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper Wednesday congratulated Barack Obama on winning a second term to the US presidency.
Harper, who along with his wife Laureen paid obeisance here at Takth Keshgarh Sahib and visited the prestigious Virasat-e-Khalsa, also known as Khalsa Heritage Centre, hailed Obama`s victory.
In a brief interaction with the media, he said, "I congratulate Obama for his victory in the elections in the USA."
"It was a hard fought election," the Canadian premier said while commenting on the contest between Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney.
He exuded confidence that the victory of Obama would certainly improve the relations between Canada and USA further.
Earlier, the visiting Canadian Prime Minister led a high powered 32-member delegation including two ministers Tim Uppal and Baljit Singh Gosal to the holy place.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had accompanied Harper and his wife both at Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib and the Virasat-e-Khalsa complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read