Car on test drive meets with accident; 4 burnt alive: DNA
Ahmedabad: In a shocking incident, four people were charred to death on Friday when the BMW car they were travelling in collided with a truck near Ognej Chowki near Gota, and caught fire. According to eyewitnesses, fire engulfed the four-wheeler soon after the accident which occurred at around 6:40 pm.
The four employees of Parsoli Motors who had taken out the car - a 2001 model of BMW-L-7 series - for a test run, could not get out of it in time to save themselves as the doors had got locked after the accident.
"The fire started from under the bonnet of the car and spread to the steering wheel in no time," said Bharat Patel, an eyewitness, who added that the people inside the vehicle tried to get out by breaking the windscreen but failed in their efforts.
All the four technicians - Deepal Soni, Yasin Sheikh, Sharad Aaghare and Azam Pathan - died on the spot. Their bodies were later sent to Sola Civil Hospital for a post-mortem examination. The ill-fated car was returning from Bhadaj to Gota. "The technicians took the car on a test run at around 6:15 pm. When we phoned them at around 7 pm, there was no response," said Zafar Sareshwala, director of Parsoli Motors. Sareshwala said the company had received the car in an exchange offer in which the owner had purchased the new 7-series BMW car worth Rs1.10 cr and given his old car to the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites