Car sales jump 21%, bikes up 6.56% in September
New Delhi: Domestic passenger car sales have
recorded a 20.61 percent increase at 1,29,683 units in
September from 1,07,517 units in the same month last year.
According to the figures released by the Society of
Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Tuesday, motorcycle sales
in the country during the month was up 6.56 percent at
6,73,891 units from 6,32,369 units in the corresponding month
a year ago.
The total two-wheeler sales in September grew by 7.67 percent to 8,38,150 units compared to 7,78,424 units in the same
period last year.
The sale of commercial vehicles also reported an increase
for the second consecutive month and grew by 6.46 percent in
September to 45,451 units from 42,693 units in the year-ago
period, SIAM said.
Sales of commercial vehicles have been on a downward
spiral for almost a year before bouncing back in July.
The total sales of all vehicles across categories also
rose by 9.6 percent to 10,92,262 units in September this
year against 9,96,586 units in the same month last year, it
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars