Car sales jump 21%, bikes up 6.56% in September
New Delhi: Domestic passenger car sales have
recorded a 20.61 percent increase at 1,29,683 units in
September from 1,07,517 units in the same month last year.
According to the figures released by the Society of
Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Tuesday, motorcycle sales
in the country during the month was up 6.56 percent at
6,73,891 units from 6,32,369 units in the corresponding month
a year ago.
The total two-wheeler sales in September grew by 7.67 percent to 8,38,150 units compared to 7,78,424 units in the same
period last year.
The sale of commercial vehicles also reported an increase
for the second consecutive month and grew by 6.46 percent in
September to 45,451 units from 42,693 units in the year-ago
period, SIAM said.
Sales of commercial vehicles have been on a downward
spiral for almost a year before bouncing back in July.
The total sales of all vehicles across categories also
rose by 9.6 percent to 10,92,262 units in September this
year against 9,96,586 units in the same month last year, it
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest