Caroline Wozniacki claims third title of year
Charleston: World number one Caroline Wozniacki won her third title of the year with a dominant 6-2, 6-3 victory over Russia`s Elena Vesnina securing the Family Circle Cup.
Wozniacki, who also won at Dubai and Indian Wells, was made to work by the enterprising Vesnina but was never in danger of losing the match as she proved too solid from the baseline.
The Dane made just 10 unforced errors and had break point in every game in the second set as she moved towards her 15th career title from 23 finals at the age of 20.
The defeat is the fifth in as many finals for unseeded Vesnina who was also found out by Wozniacki when they met in the New Haven final in 2009.
Her only glimmer of hope came at 3-3 in the second set when she had two break points but Wozniacki, as so often, lifted her game when it mattered and held on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what