Case against BJP minister for violating poll code
Dehri-on-Sone: A case of violation of model code of conduct for elections was registered against Bihar Minister for Labour resources and BJP nominee Awadhesh Narayan Singh on Thursday.
Singh, who is contesting from Dehri in Rohtas district, has been charged with taking out a motorcycle procession to canvas support on the last day of campaigning for the sixth and last phase, scheduled on Saturday without prior permission from the authorities, police said said.
The authorities also registered cases with Dehri police station against two independent nominees -- Bahadur Singh and Jyoti Rahsmi on similar charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'