Case against BJP minister for violating poll code
Dehri-on-Sone: A case of violation of model code of conduct for elections was registered against Bihar Minister for Labour resources and BJP nominee Awadhesh Narayan Singh on Thursday.
Singh, who is contesting from Dehri in Rohtas district, has been charged with taking out a motorcycle procession to canvas support on the last day of campaigning for the sixth and last phase, scheduled on Saturday without prior permission from the authorities, police said said.
The authorities also registered cases with Dehri police station against two independent nominees -- Bahadur Singh and Jyoti Rahsmi on similar charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi