Case against BJP minister for violating poll code
Dehri-on-Sone: A case of violation of model code of conduct for elections was registered against Bihar Minister for Labour resources and BJP nominee Awadhesh Narayan Singh on Thursday.
Singh, who is contesting from Dehri in Rohtas district, has been charged with taking out a motorcycle procession to canvas support on the last day of campaigning for the sixth and last phase, scheduled on Saturday without prior permission from the authorities, police said said.
The authorities also registered cases with Dehri police station against two independent nominees -- Bahadur Singh and Jyoti Rahsmi on similar charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan